Tuesday 13 September 2011

Barry M Silver Nail Paint

Photobucket
Photobucket

I paint my nails on an almost daily basis (I find it so therapeutic to sit down on my sofa, watch a TV show and concentrate on something so blissfully trivial as my nails). Some people like a glass of wine to unwind after a hectic day, but me, I'm all about grabbing my nail box, choosing a colour and submerging into total relaxation mode. I've always been a fan of Barry M Nail Varnish- probably mostly because their products are incredibly affordable (and when I used to live in the U.K, I'd  go crazy on the 2 for 5 pounds special they seemed to always have at Boots). Anyway, as I've been such a fan of metallics recently, I've been on the look out for a good quality metallic varnish- most of the ones I'd experimented with before didn't sparkle but instead looked grey instead of silver. I think it was Barry M's promise of "SPECIAL EFFECTS" (ensloganed on the bottle's lid) was what finally sold me. And my gosh, you guys; this nail varnish really is special. The colour is shiny, bling-tastic silver! Not grey, not glittery, but instead a really sleek metal shade, as close as a nail varnish can resemble metallic nail foils. I applied 3 coats (the consistency is rather thick, so it takes a little longer to dry) and sealed the deal with a top coat. For 3.99, I really can't complain about this product- it does precisely what it promises, and I've already ordered the gold shade too.

You can visit Barry M online HERE.
Purchase this product on ASOS HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I brought both of them last month, love them! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!

    I find painting nails so therapeutic too, I sadly look forward to it on a Friday night! Pretty sad girl right here haha;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all sold out in my local boots/ superdrug but when it comes back in I'm def buying, looks great. As for finding nail painting relaxing I am exactly the same...and it drives my byf mad :D x

    ReplyDelete